Saturday, June 12, 2010

This stripe problem is getting out of hand here...

Ok....I promise this will be the last striped piece of furniture you see here.

Well, at least for a *while*...

We're still in Newport Beach, but I had these pics on my computer, and since Toby is up at the crack of dawn this morning, I figured I might as well do a little blog post :)




This little footstool was another purchase ($4) from the garage sale I went to a week or two ago. It had dark brown legs, which I promptly painted white.







Then, while perusing my local Value Village (Savers), my eyes were magically drawn to this little sweater...is it any surprise? Honestly, I think I need help for my grey and white stripe problem. 

I will be weaning myself off stripes shortly, but for now.....for today....I'm embracing them :)



Sadly, the little sweater was a little bit too small to do a decent upholstery job, but it'll do for now. 

Once it gets dirty, or boring, I'll switch it up with a different fabric.






Today I get to be reunited with my long-lost friend, Ali, who moved away last year!! SO excited!!!!


We'll be home on Tuesday night, but until then....I'm in holiday mode :)

xo

20 comments:

  1. Ah the joys of motherhood-up at ungodly hours! Love the little stool and the stripes! Hope you are enjoying your R&R, my hubby's family hails from that area-Laguna Beach and I think Newport Beach is such a beautiful place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin on the stripes! keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it!!! You did a great job...the blue shoes are really great, too! :)

    keep the stripes coming...can you have too many?

    Happy Vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a sweater....so cute. Way to reuse....both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes. :) Wish I could find a foot stool that cheap in my area. Happy holiday! Enjoy and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with Ali! Please give her hugs from the O'Brien girls!! Hope you guys are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no such thing as a "stripe problem", unless youve lost your stripes! love that sweet foot rest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stripes! so cute!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so cute. I'm actually covering a little ottoman just like that one today! I'm gonna go for some burlap and paint stripes like a linen table runner on it.
    Kristine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a great idea covering your stool with a sweater! Fab! And I understand your love for these stripes, they are so classic and bold. Great work!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVe it!
    You do such a great job!!
    You always inspire me!
    Hope you are doing well.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are up early, you might as well put the extra time to good. use. I will look at clothing in a whole new light.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh have a great time with Ali!! give her some big hugs from the macools :) can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the stripes! there is nothing wrong with lots of stripes as long as you mix with other textures and patterns, and you're doing that, so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog and just became a follower...love your style of decorating! You just gave me an idea, I have a stool just like it, it was my mom's.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a stripe obsession too!!! I just love them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh do bring on the stripes...I love them! Love how it turned out. Oh and BTW, can I borrow those shoes!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great idea are you kidding me!! So cute, I just found this blog, and I am lovin' it!!!

    -Kirsten
    craftingchicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. your house is so cute. saw it off 6th street. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails