Thursday, February 2, 2012

Family Rules ...... our new sign



Can you believe it's February already?? 

It feels like the year just started, but as usual, it's flying by!

For some reason, I get a real urge at the start of every year to make changes around the house.....you know...organize random drawers, switch furniture/art around, add a few new little accessories....that sort of thing. 

Ok....so maybe I actually do that all year long, but the craving for change is stronger at the start of the year, for some reason. I think it's got a lot to do with taking down the Christmas decorations. As soon as they're down, I need something uplifting in their place.....something new and fresh :)


Anyways......this is one little project that I did last week, and it makes me smile every time I come up the stairs into our living room :)

I'm sure you've seen signs like this around pinterest, etc....I've been wanting to make one for a while. 

Toby loves it too....he's constantly coming up with new "rules" that he'd like me to add to the list :) His latest was: "We should always try to go to the bathroom every once in a while, and not leave it too late until it's an emergency" :) haha......true...true. 







Maybe it was February, maybe it was just my love of this girly colour, but I kind of liked the pop of pink on the bottom line :)  I'm somewhat partial to the pink/grey colour combo in general, if you hadn't noticed ;)




I used a stencil for the big letters, and just freehanded the rest of it. I smudged it up a bit ...just cause I liked it better that way. And...hehe....it covers up my somewhat woeful paint job ;)





Funny how little projects like this can make your day. Or am I the only one? :)






3 comments:

  1. So lovely! You did a great job-and nice choice with the rules you listed-totally appropriate for any age! See you guys soon?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a great job...I really like the addition of pink too1
    And I love getting projects done...big or small it just feels right!
    Your Toby is a fun & smart boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails