Monday, April 23, 2012

Captain Hook/Pirate Party Invitations...




I had a lot of fun making these invitations :)

I was seriously giggling away to myself as I added some stubble to the boys' chins. hah! 

Nothing quite like a 5 o'clock shadow on a chubby-cheeked little two year old ;)


When I showed it to the boys, they thought it was hilarious too! phew. Not too "Scary".



I found a photo that I'd taken of the boys a month or so back, and used my favourite (but, sadly, no longer existant) photo-editing site (Picnik) to add the pirate "accessories", beards, text, etc. I got them printed as 5"X7" photos and glued them to black card stock. I added a little torn piece of kraft paper for the "5", which I stamped and aged with black ink. Toby came to the conclusion that it must have been a clue that there was a real treasure map in the area somewhere. :)





The back was made using Picnik as well, and also printed on 5"X7" photo paper. I just cut out the large scroll shape and glued it on the back. I made envelopes out of kraft paper and double-sided tape and ripped the edges for the same worn look as a treasure map. I rubbed the edges in black ink (proved to be a LOT messier than I anticipated). But it worked to give it the "burnt" effect.






Bear with me......more Pirate stuff to come ;)

Tonight I'm off to the IKEA media cocktail event in anticipation of the GRAND OPENING of our new Richmond IKEA store on the 25th!

Can't wait!!!







4 comments:

  1. oh your boys are so adorably goodlooking!
    What a great job you did of the invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Tracey! Did you bring home much from Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these!! I thought I was the only one that found mustaches drawn on people to be the funniest thing ever. You are such a good mama.
    SO sad I didn't meet you at IKEA :( would have been so fun. Next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get the pirate ship and scroll on the invitation?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails